Monday, January 12, 2009

I Get It

Only now do I understand. I've knitted 8 or 9 pairs of socks in the past year or two, happily giving them away to people who oohed and aahed over them. (Never knit something for someone who doesn't appreciate hand knits.) And then I read somewhere that a knitter really should knit every other project of so for themselves. What a concept! I decided to try it and these were the result.

Now I find myself looking in the clean laundry baskets, digging for the socks. They could have been a row or two longer to make them absolutely perfect, but the fit of hand kit socks is a real treat. No seams, no tightness, just the right amount of hug on both ankles - despite one being significantly wider than the other. I want to fill my sock drawer with hand knits! Save the store boughts for the gym.


4 comments:

Saille said...

Where has this blog been? You knit, too? Look here:

http://grassrootshomeschool.blogspot.com/2009/02/sick-day-benefits.html

There's another post with better-lit pictures below that one.

I'm sort of scared of ravelry. It sounds...big. But a lot of knitters I like seem to be there.

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful socks! You are a master.

Elizabeth said...

Oh, and Raverly is wonderful, if addictive.

Saille said...

Thank you! How cool to meet someone who's a fellow traveler in so many respects! OK if I put your blog in my blogroll?