Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Restart

It may be time for me to resurrect this blog.  My father is gone, my mother is safely housed in a wonderful memory care facility, my older two are increasingly independent teenagers and I find myself lacking a creative outlet.

There is no way to catch up on what has transpired since my last post, so I'm not even going to attempt that.  Life has just pushed on it's course, we've all grown and learned along the way.  I am happy with the way it is turning out.


This is Elliott, now 9 years old.  He is working on building a models of the carbon allotrope diamond.  In the background, through the window are Nathan (14) and Julia (13) in tap class.  Dance has become the main focus of our lives, they are constantly seeking new dance classes and opportunities.  Elliott has been dragged to more dance classes than he would care to remember, but we try to do interesting things while the older kids are doing their thing.  This tap class is really the only class we drive to and stay.  The rest they can take the train and/or walk to.

Could they be dancing more?  Yes, probably.  Could they dance less?  It's likely.  Could they all be doing more academic work?  Definitely.  Are they doing what they want to do and making most of the decisions regarding the course and direction of their lives?  Yes.  And I wouldn't change that, even if I could.  My children are not me.  I am proud of them, but more importantly they are proud of themselves.  They are mostly happy with where they are in life.

I am hoping to write more about us as a family in our homeschooling adventure.  Maybe this will be useful to people other than may.

1 comment:

mamagotcha said...

Glad to see you pop up on my blogfeed, always nice to hear from you. And how funny... the one I read just before yours was Nancy M.'s, which also features Zomes! Maybe we need to dig ours out, too...