Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Best Face Forward

This is the happy little face that greeted me yesterday morning. So clear of eczema that I almost cried. Instead I grabbed the camera to document it. This is the clearest our little man has been since last October, at least in the face. He still has a bit of eczema behind his knees and in his elbows - yesterday was humid so those areas are sure to have increased a bit.





But the face! When I think back on it, especially how bad it was this spring, it amazes me that he could ever have smiled. Here's the face we were accostomed to seeing. He went through such a tough time, so many nights of scratching and bleeding.

When the entire family was infested with oak mite bites this summer, , our oldest got up one morning, scratching incessantly and said "Now we know what it's like to be the Little Guy!"

I don't know what has cleared him, any more than I am certain what triggers him. He snuck corn chips at a party this weekend, so can he really be allergic to corn? Has he outgrown any of his food allergies, are we up to the consequences of a challenge gone bad? Will he flare up again once the neighborhood lawn chemical warfare begins in earnest fall treatments? Will his face explode in red, itching oozes once he gets his next cold?

I'm taking the good. I'm remembering this day when he didn't ask for a kleenex from the back seat to mop up blood from his eczema zone.


1 comment:

Babette said...

Lovely! He looks content too.