Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions



One of my New Year's resolutions this year is to do something creative each day. I get really cranky if I let it slide for a while and tend to have a happier day if I can discipline myself.

There is just so much to do. Today I've realized how far behind I am on many of my projects - my investment club, updating the Westside HOUSE website, planning the Roots&Shoots calendar. And this isn't even including the regular household duties, which have increased exponentially with the broken dryer.

But, it being January 1st, I kept to my promise and spent a half an hour in front of our HappyLight making tiny boxes out of Christmas cards. They are so cute! I'd like to make a bunch to put my mini-sweater, hat, mitten and sock ornaments in once I have those made. I'll have to start begging my friends and family who have not already recycled their cards to pass them on to me. The picture cards, like the ones we sent out, probably don't make good boxes and I'd have to use two to get a top and bottom, but I'll try that as well. The folded cards are the best for this project. It's quick and fun and filled my need to be creative on this cold and snowy day.

No comments: