Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thing a Day

I signed up for the thing a day challenge, because I felt my life hasn't been stressful enough lately. Actually, it helps me to be creative when life is stressful! So, I'll be posting my pictures there starting tomorrow. It's basically a site where all the registered folks create on thing a day for the entire month of February. That's 29 things this year. Registration ends at midnight tonight: www.thing-a-day.com.

Today's creation won't count, but he's cute! I really want a better exacto knife. Not an emergency. Not a need. The crab's legs would have been easier to cut out.

There's a beautiful, soft falling snow today, the house is warm and the kids have spend this morning working on their magazine submissions for their Writer's Workshop. Homeschooling life is back to normal, the kids didn't suddenly get stupid overnight because we spent the day reading out loud (finished The Wheel on the School) instead of calculating the permimeter and area of composite figures.

I don't know a homeschooling parent who doesn't occasionally go into a panic funk over what their kids are or aren't doing. It's painful when it happens, but a bit easier to overcome each time. Like me, my children are slow to get moving in the mornings. If their day doesn't start until 10 or 11, they still manage to learn and the earth still manages to spin on it's axis. Most days I can rememer that. Some days I have trouble. I think because it was so cold in the house yesterday - and too cold to knit! - my brain froze on the fact that the kids were having a hard time concentrating.

No comments: