Friday, April 11, 2008

Fridays

It's Friday and again I am exhausted. Caught up on sleep last night and still don't feel like doing what we planned to do today. I had lost sleep because of staying up late too watch all 5 or 6 hours of Pride and Prejudice while knitting for my sister-in-law's birthday today. The movie sucked me in, not the knitting. And then I was out late with my investement group and needed to wind down before going to bed.

But last night I slept a good 8 hours. If not more. And I'm still feeling Friday-ness. I think it's just the day, not a function of how much sleep I've had. We run all week, although much less than last year. Our homeschooling activities tend to be either 16 or 9 traffic miles away during the day and we have local classes and activities here in the evenings. So, by Friday I'm just done. Which can be a problem when it's a Roots&Shoots friday, but we tend to recover by the afternoon. Note to self: never schedule an activity on a Friday.

Sometimes I do wonder if I am doing enough. I'm the contact person and web site administrator for our local homeschooling group, facilitate our Roots&Shoots group, help with the Boys Club while our girls are at Girl Scouts, take the kids to their Writer's Workshop, dance class three nights a week, gymnastics and occasional dodgeball. Yes, I'm probably doing enough, but there are so many homeschooling opportunities to turn down, so many more to organize, it can be overwhelming. Our kids could be in one or two homeschooling programs every day of the week if we were willing to sign them up, pay and drive. Oh my, I'm whining about abundance!

Maybe next year I'll try to organize things more locally. Just not on Fridays.

1 comment:

Babette said...

You are doing more than enough. I think you are just feeling this major urge to make up for lost time without that car!