Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cables!



I taught myself how to knit cables! Working on the blanket, with the stockinette stitch middle, inspired me to learn something new. Cables seemed so scary, so beyone my level of ability. I read the instructions and didn't get it. I found a youtube instruction video and it clicked.

I'm working on a hat for Mark. This will be the brim band and then I'll put cables going up so I can figure out how to do them in the round. The cable needle is fairly easy to work with and the plait cable I chose is easy to figure out if you get interrupted in the middle of the pattern repeat. The yarn is a yummy merino wool and alpaca blend. I'll try matching gloves when I'm done with the hat.

I don't know why I resisted cables for so long. They are interesting to work and fun to figure out. Maybe it's just getting out of the rut that's hard.

No comments: