Tuesday, February 12, 2008

McCain and Things

I was going to just update on my thing-a-day.com projects, but then Lori at http://www.chicagolo.homeschooljournal.net/ sent me this new video and I just had to put in in my blog. It's amazing. Out of the mouths of politicians...





We've all been pretty sick here. Fever, coughing. I thought Buddy was going into croup yesterday, his cough was very bark like. He goes to croup quickly and violently, usualy resulting in an oral steroid to reduce the inflamation. He was 8 1/2 the last time he had it, some people don't grow out of it. I called our doctor and she prescribes something called Viola Clear Fire Formula. It cleared his cough to normal. He's also taking Gan Mao Ling, San Ju Yin and what I call Su Ji Wada-Wada Boom Bang because the name is too long for me to remember.

I've had a lot of time to work on my thing-a-day, between nebulizer treatments and gatorade replenishments. First I made muffins because it was 50 below zero and our super efficient furnace, turned down to 64 degrees at night, could not catch back up to our normal 67. The wheat/gluten/dairy/egg free muffins are on the left. I made a double batch of the no-nut ones on the right, but they wouldn't fit in the picture.

Yesterday, I was messing around with valentines and decided to make hearts out of magazine pages. Parenting magazine has really flimsy pages, I get such a mainstream publication because I ordered diapers from somewhere that gave me a free subscription. Flimsy pages and flimsy advice all in one! I ended up gluing pages together to get it thick enough to make a heart.

I'm happy we homeschool and the kids can be sick and get better on their own schedule. It's amazing to me that we even got sick in the first place! For four weeks we've been stuck at home except for local evening activities like dodgeball, dance and gymnastics. It truly takes only one person coughing or sneezing in your face to pass the germ along. More likely, it took one four year old with his finger up his nose to touch my four year old...

2 comments:

SutonC said...

Ugh, Elizabeth, sorry you've got the bugs there ;(
We are still attempting to climb out of the sick-hole over here...
LOVE LOVE LOVE that McCain video...
Hope you're all well soon!
Suton

Elizabeth said...

Yes, this is a long sickness, from what I've heard. Five days and counting for my little one's fever.

If you watch the Yes, we can video and the John I am video back to back, it's even better!