Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happier days

It's good to think of happier days when in the midst of a horrible virus. This picture is from Christmas, a very happy day.

Yesterday the boys stayed in bed, watching PBS Kids until 4 or 5. A full day of Dragon Tails, Clifford and Super Why is a lot for a 9 year old to put up with. But his little brother was sicker than he was and neither felt like moving.

My girl is steadfastly refusing to admit she's getting this virus. But she fell asleep on the couch this morning and is coughing like the rest of them. My thermometer has been working overtime and I'm thinking of investing in Gatorade.

So, what have we accomplished with this virus? Domino towers and Rube Goldberg type contraptions. Valentines. Reading. Boggle. Art projects. A lot of fiddling with a spreadsheet for my investment club. There has been very little playing of the DS or gameboy. Too much stimulation, I think.

And I've been knitting in between temperature taking and dehydration monitoring. I discovered a round on Mark's cabled hat takes ten minutes. So, I knit that, then go upstairs to administer two teaspoons of Gatorade through a medicine dropper and come back down to knit another row. The cabled rows take a bit longer, but the formula worked enough yesterday afernoon for the little man to actually come downstairs and eat a bowl of potato chips. That, and a piece of toast is all he ate yesterday. Knitting helps me to not show my worry, it gives me something to count and the pattern is interesting enough for me to focus on it.

Today Little Missy has big plans for messy science experiments and making germ cookies. If she gets off the couch.

2 comments:

Babette said...

Ditto on knitting! Oh no on virus spreading....

Elizabeth said...

I promise not to share.