Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Catching up

I haven't been writing about the thing-a-day project, but have been making a thing a day. I just caught up posting at www.thing-a-day.com and thought I'd share here as well.

First - I do, I do like that hat! Cables around the brim, cables going all the way up, really tiny 7 stitches to the inch yarn in the ss and 13 stitches to the inch in the cable. Did the fancy math to figure out the gauage, picked up 175 stitches from the brim cable stitch and followed a basic Ann Budd pattern from the Handy Book of Knitting Patterns to to the rest. I like the cables going up. They don't show up as sharply with the tweedy yarn, it's a merino wool/alpaca blend. Soft and warm. Now I'm working on matching gloves. I've never done gloves before...

This morning I made a card for my sister's birthday package. The card is from a template at www.alittlehut.com. It was fun to make. The paper is some we made at our papermaking workshop at www.vargasart.net and that's what I wrote the note on and glued to the inside of the card. Fun.


Over the weekend I made these earings. They are fun to wear, but I wish the pin were longer. The felt beads are from a local yarn shop, I just couldn't resist them. But I but couldn't figure out what to make with them. Then I used up a few of my zillion coupons at Joann's for the sterling findings.

OH, and yesterday we paid off the credit card. BAM. It's done.

No comments: